Easy Anytime Snacks!
- Fruit with some Taijin! Or shall I say sweets with some heat? Taijin is a spice mixture that brings some edge to your snack! Cut up some mango, pineapple, cantaloupe, honeydew, banana, whatever fruit you have and sprinkle some Taijin on it and you'll be addicted just like me!
- Boiled salted peanuts! Soak some raw peanuts in water for about a half hour. Pour them into your crock pot and add some generously salted water that covers them. Set your crock on high for about 3-4 hours, stir them every hour or so and their done when the texture is to your liking! I like mine tender but not mushy.
- Toasted bread with some butter and drizzled honey on top, yummy!
- Siopao! Is that a snack? Well for me it is! Siopao is like a Filipino hot pocket! It is a white pillow of soft dough with some meat inside! I like pork filling the best! If your siopao has been refrigerated, wrap it in a wet paper towel and heat it in the microwave for 30 seconds or less!
- Pita chips and some hummus and tabouleh! Yes, I'm international.
- Nachos!!! But it must be nacho sauce cheese, not some shredded microwaved cheese nachos, yuck. With jalapenos of course.
- Sunflower seeds. I like cracking them with my teeth!
- Eggs, any which way. Boiled, scrambled, over easy, egg salad, I just like eggs!
- A hot corn tortilla with some refried beans and cheese inside! This is where the shredded cheese variety comes in!