Attractions will include:
● Entertainment by guest celebrities and award-winning performers (e.g. Andra Day, Reunitted / Tribal Theory, Marvin Calderon Jr.)
● Culinary pop-ups from the top local chefs and restaurants (e.g. Masala Street, Matua’s, Snoice)
● Craft, apparel, and more for sale from trending retail merchants (e.g. Passion Planner, Armory Survival Gear, Illa Manilla)
● Art alley with powerful exhibits from renowned visual artists (Bunny Kitty, Horrible Monster Scene, Pursue)
● Safe, enclosed kids zone with jumpers, carnival rides, face-painting
● Dance battle competition, car show, photobooth, movie screen, and more!
This year’s Night Market is South San Diego’s kickoff event for the holiday shopping season and also coincides with Small Business Saturday. Many PHNM retailers are small business owners with roots in the neighborhood. Several vendors that will line the field for the Night Market will be selling outside of their homes for the first time.
Passion Planner is a local vendor scheduled to attend the Night Market. Passion Planner Founder, CEO and Designer Angelia Trinidad is a San Diego native and local success story. Her company successfully launched five kickstarter campaigns with $1,666,164 raised total. Passion Planner now uses its success to give back through their Get One, Give One program and other philanthropic initiatives. Additional local vendors include clothing brands Human Catalyst, Mana Pono, and Tribal Streetwear.
The Night Market will be accompanied with endless music, sounds and sights from local talent and artists. PHNM will also feature the neighborhood’s accomplished culinary talent. Philip Esteban is a well-known chef in the culinary world for his drive and innovation. Esteban honed his craft across both coasts as a line cook at David Chang’s acclaimed Momofuku in New York, as executive chef at The Cork and Craft in San Diego to several other ventures. He now serves as innovation chef at Consortium Holdings.
With the success of last year's event and the number of attendees, parking was an issue. This year shuttles will be available! See the schedule below:
Instagram @madeinparadisehills and
About the Paradise Hills Night Market (PHNM) The Paradise Hills Night Market is a community showcase with a goal to highlight the talent and success of community members with roots in Paradise Hills and South San Diego. It is run organized by Made in Paradise Hills, a non-profit that is 100% volunteer based. The movement’s mission is to positively highlight the stories of our unique talent with roots in Paradise Hills and the surrounding community, hoping to empower each other and inspire change from within. To get involved as a sponsor, vendor, performer or volunteer or for more information, please visit phnightmarket.com.
Post a Comment