Grand Central Market in downtown Los Angeles, a food emporium where all kinds of food is served. Eggslut is open 7 days a week, 8:00 - 4:00. It is situated at the entrance of the emporium. There is plenty of seating at tables and chairs out on the wide sidewalk if you don't get a spot at the counter. Luckily, a couple of spots opened up at the counter after we ordered so we plopped ourselves down. It was a HOT day again in Southern California! We sat idle so the warmth of the open kitchen would be bearable. However, the 90's tracks playing on the loud speaker put a smile on our faces as we remembered these songs from our college days! I found myself nodding my head to the beats....and perspiring, LOL!
here. I asked the server for a recommendation and she suggested the Fairfax. This is a sandwich made of scrambled eggs, chives, avocado, melted cheddar cheese, and sriracha mayo served in a brioche bun. The eggs were fluffy and the bun was so soft!
Cynthia ordered the slut, a coddled egg served over a potato puree in a glass jar. A baguette comes with it. The jars are sous vided until an order is put in. Then the jar is transferred to a pot of boiling water until the egg is set just right.
- The name "eggslut" came out of a moment of being silly and it stuck.
- They go through at least 1000 eggs Monday through Thursday. Double that sometimes on weekends.
- I asked him about plans to expand and it seems a second location is in the works, probably in West LA.
- They have a friendly barter relationship with RiceBar a couple blocks down and trade food!
- He's a big fan of Snooze here in SD and hopes eggslut can be like them soon!
- Although he loves to eat Filipino favorites like tapsilog himself, eggslut prides itself on providing quality and healthy food products especially to our Filipino demographic where diabetes and hypertension run rampant. So you won't find these dishes on the menu, not yet anyway.
- He's planning a trip to Hawaii soon. Mahalo Blaise for the on-the-spot interview. Have a great time!
Eggslut is growing their fans fast! I hope to see a brick and mortar soon!
You can find eggslut on social media here:
Follow Chef Alvin at https://twitter.com/eggslutalvin